Alright, so we know that company culture is one of the most critical elements for a company’s success: it shapes both the internal and external essence of any business. But what is company culture really – and how can we all begin to develop our own, take it to the next level, and benefit from it?
In 2015, we organized a unique, day-long event unlike any of its kind (the very first in Montreal): an introductory exploration to company culture. While our conferences have covered several topics since then, it’s become clear that everything comes back to company culture – and we were compelled to dive deeper with it. Insightful, passionate, uber-smart and deeply fun might describe your company’s culture – but it definitely describes our conferences.
We’re culture experts, employer branding specialists, and recruitment pros. We’ve been exposed to hundreds of companies across Canada (and beyond) – and we continue to be fascinated by the unique DNA of companies: culture. Company culture has inspired us for years, and we are excited to let it inspire you, too. We’ll bring the knowledge, the world-class speakers, the amazing environment and the notebooks. Leave your business card, bring your opinions.
All About the Event:
- All-day offsite event taking place in a stunning Montreal venue
- Inclusive + diverse talks in both English and French
- World-class speakers + thought-leaders from top organizations in the city
- Absolutely no sales pitches (we mean it!)
- Breakfast, lunch and cocktails (and excellent coffee) served throughout the day
- 30-minute speaker-sessions; 1-hour workshops; plenty of time for networking
- Learning, knowledge-sharing, and tangible take-aways that can be implemented immediately
Some of the Topics We’ll Be Covering:
- How to implement a culture of creativity as a recruitment and retention tool
- Engaging millennial employees as a company’s best brand ambassadors
- The “A to Z” on creating and optimizing the ultimate company retreats
- Mental health in the workplace: awareness, understanding, and best practices
- 85% of millennials want to work remotely; how do you build an efficient + effective program?
- Leveraging social media as part of a successful employer branding strategy
- Navigating a new marriage: merging two cultures post merger/acquisition
“Customers will never love a company until the employees love it first.”
– Simon Sinek