Linux System Administrator
A leader in the Montreal biotechnology scene, our clients advanced research capabilities and advanced scientific innovation have successfully performed discovery projects for pharmaceutical & health care companies all over the world. They’re advanced technical capabilities all starts with their infrastructure team – and more specifically their system administrators. As lead researchers in the global fight against some of the most lethal and recognized diseases, this is an opportunity to surround yourself an in environment that proudly pushes the boundaries of research, innovation, and science.
As a system administrator, you will be relied upon to continue to build an efficient and highly secure infrastructure that will protect and support large sets of vital and important confidential data.
What will you be doing?
- Managing the Linux based systems and functions of the company
- Identifying system flaws and implementing security improvements
- Assessing and optimizing IT needs and requirements by providing strategic solutions
- Establishing and implementing an efficient and secure documentation system / process
- Sourcing, negotiation and communicating directly with suppliers / vendors for necessary technical resources
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary of 75K to 90K (contingent on experience)
- Full benefits package
- Vacation plan
- Convenient and centralized downtown location with easy accessibility by public transport or car
- You work alongside some of the brightest minds in the Canadian (and global) science and biotechnology community
- An opportunity to work for a company whose top leadership include some of the most qualified and respected PhD professionals in their industry
What will you need?
- 3 years + of professional experience in Linux Systems Administration
- Strong and proven experience with scripting and basic database management (Oracle)
- Strong communication skills in English (written & spoken)
- Degree or diploma in related field
For any curious system administrators, that maintains a passion and love for science and technology, this is a unique opportunity to participate in some of the most exciting and meaningful projects in the industry. Please send your resume and have your application evaluated immediately!
Email us now »