Product Development Manager (Furniture)
Over the last 50 years, our client has been successful in establishing themselves as a leader in the competitive industry of home décor and home fashion. They have built their company and reputation on working with some of the most impressive and recognizable brands from around the world. Whether it’s Vera Wang or Laura Ashley, the quality of the brands, fashion and designs are unquestionably some of the most coveted consumer products in the industry.
At the heart of their success, is their top tier product and design team. As the company continues to grow – and with the recent launch of a trendy new furniture division – the product team is tip of the spear for the next step in their evolution. In your role, you will be a vital leader in the full product development process and lifecycle.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating closely with each department through out the product development/ design cycle – design, sales, customer service, marketing, production and operations among others
- Communicating directly with both suppliers and clients (i.e Wal-Mart, Costco) in helping them with their respective requests, issues and needs
- Staying updated on all of the pertinent industry/competitor related trends, designs, news and patterns
- Attend industry events and tradeshows across North America and overseas
What’s in it for you?
- A generous starting salary of 55K to 75K (based on pertinent experience)
- Bonus plan
- Full benefits package
- Free parking
- Family friendly, team oriented, creativity fueled environment
- Accessible location in the East End of Montreal
- Work with brands that include Vera Wang and Ellen Degeneres
What will you need?
- Diploma or degree in Industrial Design
- 5+ years of experience working in product development / product design
- Experience in the furniture industry – or with related home furnishing products
- Strong communication skills in English (written & spoken)
- Passionate. Driven. Positive attitude.
- That’s it!
This is a perfect opportunity for any industrial design professional looking to evolve their career or diversify their experience / knowledge of the industry. You will have the chance to work in a creative environment that is full equipped with design studio, photo studio, multiple showrooms and plenty of passionate & dedicated industry professionals! Apply now and your CV will be evaluated immediately.
Email us now »